Friday 2 March 2018

'My late husband bought an insurance policy. Why won't Currys PC World let me renew?'

My late husband took out an insurance policy for our television set three years ago. 

When the cover came up for renewal recently I wrote my letter to the Currys PC World Knowhow team. 

The form I was sent only asked for updated personal details and did not allow me to explain my husband, the policyholder, had died. Then it wanted a copy of the death certificate as well. I sent this and it was returned. 

My £49 cheque was banked but five months on I still do not have the paperwork. Currys PC World seems to think I haven’t paid.  

Along the way I have been brusquely told to take a copy of the cheque into my local branch to prove I have. This involves two bus journeys travelling the best part of 10 miles.  


Full story at Yahoo News.

By Jessica Gorst-Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment